Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Fingerprints of God

This was the topic of our sermon at Veteran's Chapel this morning. I thought this was a very appropriate title for the sermon considering it was Mother's Day. You see the chaplain talked about the compassion and love that Christ has for each of us , as we are his children. Christ is shown through Moms for their nurturing, compassionate and loving hearts. When we have a broken heart, who do we run to? When someone on the play ground has hurt our feelings, who do we run to? And when the one person you love the most in this world has been killed, who do you run to? God and Mom.  I remember vividly the night in which I finally cried and crumbled into my mom's arms and lap after Charlie was killed. I was literally in her lap crying, just like I had done when I was a little girl. It's hard to imagine us climbing into God's lap and crying because we are hurt or upset, but He wants that from us. He loves us more than our Moms do!

Being a Mom is the most exciting, scary, frustrating, and awesome experience I have ever had. I'm sure all you Moms out there can atest to that! I find it a privilege that Christ has found favor in me to be Ethan's Mommy.  God's fingerprints are all over us! How can they not be?! I just think about how much I love and adore Ethan. Well, guess what? God loves Ethan more than I do or can. How incredible!

Our day was spent going to church (and if you live in Colorado Springs or on Fort Carson and haven't been to Veteran's Chapel lately...you need to go! The service is awesome and has changed a lot! ), ate a delicious lunch at my favorite restaurant P. F. Changs (despite the long wait it was still yummy!) then back home to enjoy the rest of the day, which was spent vegging on the sofa watching Harry Potter. Here are just a few pictures of our special day! 

Daddy and Ethan
Ethan and Mommy at P.F. Changs
Ethan, showing off his new teeth
My Beautiful flowers 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great first mother's day, you deserved it! Ethan looks like he's being a little ham for the camera...they start so young!

    ReplyDelete