Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day.


Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned & let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:30-31


Happy Mother's Day! I hope all you Mommies had a great day with your kiddos and hubby =)

This is my 2nd Mother's Day. I've had the privilege and honor of bringing a beautiful and precious baby boy in this world (as I type, my child is screaming because he wants to "help" Daddy and Daddy is finished needing his help =) I couldn't ask for anything better than being a Mom, except for one day (way down the road) to be a Grandma (did I mention, way down the road?!) I'm humbled that God has found favor in me to be a fitting Mom, even though at times I don't feel so fitting, able or even honorable as a Mom. But that's ok because every time I feel that I have failed, God still loves me anyways. I feel thankful to celebrate this day by talking to my mom several times =) and being with my husband and Ethan (and feeling baby move =)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 4

Although I've enjoyed my Mother's Day, I'm reminded of those amazing women and moms that are hurting today and that Mother's Day isn't the best day for some. I'm reminded of the women who so want to be a mom, but can't. Of the women & moms who have lost their mom. Of the moms who have lost children through death or miscarriage. And of the moms whose husbands are not on this earth to celebrate this day with them. I honor you all today and feel blessed to know each of you. Because within the hurting heart of yours, lies strength that is very apparent to the outside world. Because even if you think that no one notices or cares, I do and I notice and so does God.

God's compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

~ ~ ~

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
John 16:21


My first homemade Mother's Day gift from Ethan! His finger prints are the ladybug and caterpillar~how creative and sweet! Way-to-go Nursery workers =)
Baby Kline and Mommy~ 19 weeks, 2 days

3 generations~Andy, Grandma Algren (my Mom's mom), Mom and Me
Andy and Grandma are together this Mother's Day.

You, LORD, created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

No comments:

Post a Comment